Challenge Rules for Writers
1. Stories must have a minimum length of 20,000 words. There is no maximum length.
2. Stories may be slash, gen or het.
3. The central story element must focus on characters from one of the listed JE groups. Other characters may appear in the fiction, but the main characters must be from the designated JE groups only.
4. You will be able to post your story on your own journal or site, and we'll create a master list of links and summaries at the community.
5. Stories cannot be posted anywhere on the web prior to the posting date of October 31st.
6. AU's are allowed. Crossovers are not. The only crossovers allowed are those within different groups. For example: a fiction about Nino from Arashi and Ryo from Kanjani 8 would be acceptable. A fiction between Kame and Akira from Nobuta wo Produce would not.
7. Stories must be beta'd.
You must sign-up to participate by May 5th.
Your first draft must be completed and turned in with a summary and final title by October 1st. (This is important and required, because we need to know that you will actually be finished with your story by the final due date BEFORE the artists begin work.)
At this point, your summary and title will be posted (anonymously) for a participating artist to claim as a prompt. The artist will create at the very least one piece of art (title banner, illustration, manip, etc.) to accompany your story. Alternately, a video maker may do a trailer for your story. This will depend on video maker participation. If the artist/video maker requests additional information to work from, they may ask to see your story draft.
Your final draft must be completed by November 12th. This is also the due date for all art and videos. On November 15th you will be provided with coded links to your story's art/video.
You must post your final story and the link to the artwork or video on either your livejournal, fic journal or website on November 10th. (If you won't be around on this date, contact us -- we'll see if we can work something out.)
To Sign Up
Please comment below with the following information:
Email where we can reach you:
We're not going to hold you to these next few, but just to get an idea, please tell us:
What group do you think your fic will be centered around?
If you think you're going to write slash, gen or het.
Thanks for participating!